Proximity Search v2 adds a new feature that allows for driving directions to be generated based on the search. Records can be included/excluded from the route, and the order in which each record is to be visited can be moved up/down the list. This allows users not only to generate a visual map of their search, but also allows them to create driving directions on the fly without using other 3rd party products - useful for field sales and/or field service representatives.
Add Value To Your SalesLogix System
Proximity Search adds value to your SalesLogix system by allowing your organization to use geographic information to assist in business decisions that were not possible before. The uses for Proximity Search are unlimited. Example scenarios include:
- A field rep is planning his day and wishes to generate a route of clients that optimizes his territory coverage
- A national sales rep wants to generate a list of nearby prospects to visit on a business trip to Philadelphia
- The Marketing group wants to send promotional material for an upcoming product launch to customers in the Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle markets
- A field sales rep has extra time during the day and wishes to visit one or two contacts nearest his current location
- A customer service rep wishes to dispatch a vendor closest to the customer
Map Existing Data
The included mapping feature can also be used on any contact or account group. With Proximity Search, you can now map any of your existing SalesLogix data without the cumbersome export/import steps necessary to map data in other third party products such as Microsoft Map Point.
Proximity Search is built using the SalesLogix Application Architect and can be fully customized to meet extended business requirements. There are no licensing restrictions on the modifications that can be made.
Proximity Search v2 automatically keeps the contacts and accounts in the system geocoded, so when new records are added or changes to existing records are made, the data is kept accurate. There is no need to upload any changes to zip code lookup tables as with previous versions - everything is kept up to date without administrative intervention.